Thursday, October 21, 2010

A real return to the blog...

It's been rather easy to stay away from blogging, with Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare making it so easy to keep people up to date on what's going on daily, hourly, even by the minute.

But my friend Kat said something that's been rolling around in my thoughts for a while. Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites allow for immediacy. Short blurbs that give just the bare minimum when it comes to detail. Kat likes blogging because it tells the full story (or at least as much of the story as you're willing to type) and makes her feel that she knows about what's truly going on.

She's right. And I have missed blogging. Missed the blogging community and the great stories posted by friends across the United States and even across the globe.

I don't know that I'll post anything incredibly groundbreaking. I doubt I'll inspire great works of art or feats of phenomenal athleticism with anything I post to the page. But I'll muse on mountain biking, crafts, music and more and if even one post catches your eye and makes you take some sort of action, even if it's just to laugh at a spill I've taken on the trails...that's enough reason for me to share.

Happy day and happy blogging!

0 comments:

Post a Comment